Saturday, May 12, 2012

Maybe May

This month has been a rough one. It started on a positive note. I thought that I would be finishing up the chemo regimen that I was on, would be in remission, go on maintenance chemo and have a great summer. But once again the cancer gods have there own idea. I underwent SRS radiation surgery to my brain again a few weeks ago, but it didnt work this time. I have also had very low blood counts which just landed me in the hospital for 4 days. I guess I feel lucky that my oncologist noticed something was going on. I had a severe headache and was vomiting constantly. At the hospital they discovered that the tumor that was zapped with radiation is getting bigger and causing my brain to swell. So now I get to have real brain surgery. YIPEEE!!! As soon as my bloodcounts recover from the chemo. Which will probaby be is a week or 2.
When will this ever end, I AM SOOOOO TIRED...

3 comments:

  1. Hugs, many hugs, the fact that you were able to post is amazing. Sending healing vibes your way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lori,
    I am hoping you had a good June...I love the way you write, how you put words to the unthinkable. Praying for you everyday....
    Rhonda Gerber

    ReplyDelete