Monday, December 31, 2012

As I say farewell to 2012

    As I welcome in a new year I am thankful that I am still here. 2012 was rough to say the least. However I made it and am feeling strong. Dec 24 marked the 3 year anniversary of my diagnosis. I have officially beat the prognosis statistics for my disease.(Woooo Hoooo). 2011 and early 2012 started with what we thought was a recurrence in my liver and brain. I went back on some nasty chemo, had neutropenic fever, brain radiation ( for the 3rd time ). I also had a blockage in my common bile duct. I know that it all sounds really bad, but it ended up being scar tissue in my liver and brain that was causing all of the problems. I had open brain surgery in April and 3 procedures on my liver. I have recently been taken off of the nasty chemo and am on targeted therapies. I have also regained use of my right hand and arm. I have numb feet and toes from the chemo and achy joints. But that is okay, it could be so much worse. I have also for the 1st time in my life lost 25 lbs. I know that is not the best way to lose it, but whatever, I will take it.  Thank you to everyone that stayed around, I know it is hard to deal with sick people especially ones as stubborn as me. My family appreciates the help.
  I am looking forward to the future and pray everyday that God has it in his plan for me to be here so  I can see my son grow up. Have a Happy New Year.. 

1 comment:

  1. I don't even know what to say after reading this.
    I hope 2013 is a great year for you, Ron and Rocco.
    You are trully an inspiration for me and others that know you!
    Love you forever!!!!
    Vikki

    ReplyDelete