Saturday, October 30, 2010

Chemo, Scans, Oncologist oh my!!!!!

I guess I can say that I feel very blessed to have the amazing arsenal of doctors taking care of me. They are all so wonderful. I started chemotherapy in January. the treatments weren't too too bad. I  had good days and really bad days, but I really tried to focus on healing and getting better. It took about 3 weeks after chemo for my hair to start falling out. That will freak a girl out!. Standing in the shower watching my golden locks fall to the drain reminded me a movie. even though, I knew it was all going to be gone, it still didn't seem like it was mine.  A very dreamy and shocking feeling. Other than hair loss, I lost all sense of taste . My sense of smell was amplified by about 10000%, I could smell everthing and most of the smells made me sick. YAK!!!! no cooking for cancer patients!!!!  I was very very blessed with my first treatment. I reached remission by April, was taken off of the taxol drugs, my hair started coming back and I was feeling wonderful.  I still  have  maintenance chemo every 3 weeks and take hormonals to keep my ovaries shut down. Hot flashes suck but are very much a part of my life. I was feeling good, back to living a pretty normal life, feeling like I was kickin cancer's ass
and then I crashed my car. Yep, you guessed it, that nasty cancer is now in my brain!!!! WTF!!!!! 10 months after the whole thing started, here we go again!!!

2 comments:

  1. Lori,
    I am so sorry to hear that this "demon" is invading your body again. Your Faith is strong- please keep it that way. God still has work for you to do here on Earth. I will continually keep you in prayer as always. Please let me know if there is anything I can do to help you out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lori, I'm sorry to hear the cancer is back. Meeting you was such an inspiration. You and your family are in my thoughts. I have no doubt that if anyone can kick this, you can. -Tamar

    ReplyDelete