Saturday, October 30, 2010

The first day of the rest of my life

On Dec.27th 2009 I was diagnosed with stageIV Breast Cancer. I must say that holiday season will probably be the most memorable one my life.  I discovered a lump in my right breast the week before Christmas. I'll never forget that trip to my gynecologist. He needle biopsied the lump, the whole time telling me that the edges seemed smooth and it was probably nothing. All of a sudden his face changed to a scary gray color. It was then I knew. the next couple of days were a blur. General surgeon immediately and then a vacuum assisted biopsy on Christmas Eve. Yep, it was cancer, they knew it, we didn't even have to wait for the biopsy to come back.  However, nothing could have preoared me for my next suprise. I had been having some stomach issues for a few weeks, my general doctor was testing me for gall bladder trouble. all of his test were coming up negative. So 2 days after Christmas I  had the most painful stomachache of my life.
went to ER and guess what more cancer, it was everywhere, my lungs, my liver, my bones. I  had 2 fractured ribs from a tumor , a fractured vertebrae and my liver was so full that my scan said all but replaced by tumor.  Happy New Year to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment