Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Merry Christmas

I just want to wish everyone a Merry Christmas. It has been 1 year since my dx. It has not been an easy one, but I must say, it has not been as as bad as you would imagine. I am still here and able to work and take care of my family. Which is more than I can say about some of my friends with this disease. One of the women that I have had chemo with since the beginning died a couple of weeks ago.  She had the same kind of cancer as me. You know the statistics say that 1 out of 5 people with stage IV breast cansir will not make the 5 year mark. Wow!!!! 5 years does not seem long enough.( I know cansir is spelled wrong , but I read that spelling it wrong takes away some of it's power.) I am determined to be here at least 20 years from now. New treatments are being developed every day and I pray that in my lifetime there will be a cure. As of right now, I am still in remission, YAY!!!! I had a great report from my oncologist on Fri. We will know more about the brain mets in Feb, when I have a new scan. I hope those suckers are gone! That was the weirdest thing I have ever experienced. I felt like I was walking around on Mars. If any of you had a crazy conversation with me, I apologize. My head is feeling much better now.
HAVE A WONDERFUL HOLIDAY& ENJOY EVERY MINUTE!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment