Friday, November 5, 2010

It's Over







Today's technology is so amazing. Yesterday I had stereotactic radiation surgery to my brain. It was not bad. I arrived at the center at 2:45, was taken back to a very peaceful treatment room There were about 8 different people in there making sure that I had the best of care.  Nora Jones was playing. It was actually quite relaxing. My face was placed in a plastic mesh mask and attached to a table so that it couldn't move during the radiation dosage. More planning and finally the treatments. No pain, jus a little pressure and discomfort from the tight mask. But as soon as it was removed, I was feeling better. Drove home , had yummy white pizza and beer.. Then night night, I don't really remember anything else until this morning. I was up once again at 5:00 to greet this amazing day that God has once again given me. I walked about 4 miles in the cool peacefulness. It is a wonderful life. Now I will wait and pray that  these tumors are leaving me for good.  Love & Light to all of you.

1 comment:

  1. Dear Lori, you don't know me. I'm just a far-away friend from Nardine and Rob in Paris, but I've followed your courageaous steps since last year which I profoundly admire and applause. Even though I do not know why you have to go through these troubled waters I'm completely convinced that you'll successfully cross them. I'd like to wish you good luck, but it has nothing to do with luck but with your incredibly possitive attitude to go through it. It might not be easy every day, but I know you'll get through it. With love from Paris, Brigitte

    ReplyDelete