Tuesday, November 2, 2010

T minus 10 and counting!!!

I am scheduled for stereotactic radiation brain surgery on Thursday. I will have the honor of being surrounded by an amazing staff of doctors. I will pretty much be surrounded by rocket scientist. There will be ( in my opinion the sweetest radiation oncologist alive on the planet . ) , but there will also be a neurosurgeon, a nuclear physicist and a few others . I am excited to learn more, because it seems that this alternative is going to awesome. No cutting, the surgery is al done with lasers. The success rates are phenominal. 9 out of 10 times the tumors will disappear and never come back to the same area. It will still probably take me a few weeks to get back to normal, but I am an eternal optimist, so I know it will be just fine. After it is over, I will be able to stop taking the steroids YAY!!!!!!!, maybe my face will shrink back to recognizable size... LOL!!!
Stay tuned for the next  episode of my trip to the moon!!!!!

1 comment: